Today I got a first-hand experience of why, still, there is a vast scope for customer services improvement in the product industry. Having been working on a customer service application for a while, you really get to appreciate the business requirements when you actually talk to one of the CSRs using a similar application. I had to place 6 calls to a product company just to book an installation to my site.
Based on the conversations that I had with the CSRs they seemed to be not having a single view of the complete business process and hence very feeding me the information in bits and pieces. What really hit me then was a business requirement for our application which was “one view/ global view” to the clients entire business end-to-end. This prevents an important customer service performance parameter of “customer call-backs”.
The other thing that struck me was the long time they took in order to book a field visit from a third party vendor to my site which required them to log onto the vendors system with my details. This got me appreciate the business requirement of enterprise interfacing with single sign on. It makes life so much easier, quicker and improves another important customer service performance parameter of “reducing call durations”.
Finally when I got off the phone I looked at my watch in horror to see the amount of time I spent just in-order to get an innocent field visit to my site and swore never to deal with these fellas ever. In my misery I could appreciate one more business drivers in CS applications of being “customer friendly” treating them as family and not leave a bad after taste.
So after all the business is not totally nuts to go crazy with their requirements and do have a vision to keep the customers first. I suddenly am appreciating my daily work profile J.
0 comments:
Post a Comment